We strive to help students in their senior school journey by allowing them to match their hopes and dreams with their talents and strengths.
Loyola Senior High School offers multiple pathways for students to meet their diverse needs, interests and abilities. We welcome diversity in culture, tradition and talent, and celebrate the richness each person brings to the whole community.
Loyola Senior High School employs a Careers Adviser who coordinates a program of careers education and information. The top priority of the Careers Adviser is to assist individual students in forming post-school education, training and employment plans.
Career guidance can be sought in relation to:
- confusion about what to do after leaving school
- subject choice at school in relation to future career
- general career self-awareness.
We provide students information concerning:
- types of jobs and career pathways in different industries
- range of post-school education and training options
- entry requirements and application procedures to public and private education institutions, apprenticeships, traineeships, etc.
- information on scholarships, special admissions
- labour market factors.
The Careers Advisor also provides practical help with:
- applications to TAFE and University
- special admission applications