The Greater Good
At Loyola Senior High School the magis, ‘the more’, is a key for making choices among competing values. The entire life of Ignatius Loyola was a search for the magis; that is, the more universal good, the more effective means, the more generous service of others and the ever greater glory of God, remembering that "the glory of God is the human person fully alive".
Therefore we encourage students to:
- reflect on the choices before them, always seeking the greater good.
- choose that which is of lasting value, rather than the short-term or transient.
- responsibly question the status quo, rejecting mediocrity, risking the extraordinary.
- see boundaries not as obstacles or ends but as new challenges to be faced, new opportunities for growth.
- live lives of integrity, by being honest in relations with others.
- nurture a positive learning environment for all which acknowledges and promotes the highest standards of achievement.
| What limits me in realising my potential?
Where can I do the most good and give the best service?